Nutisystem initially offered counseling for weight loss in brick and mortar stores. However, they changed their business model and moved its products and services to the internet. Nowadays, it is a portion controlled weight loss program designed to help its customers lose weight quickly. Nutrisystem’s all new Turbo 13 program is a step up from their last program, Lean 13. Lean 13 is designed to help customers lose up to 13 pounds and 7 inches in their first month.
Nutrisystem Turbo 13 provides its customers with convenience, solid support system, and the ease of maintaining calorie intake which can all be managed in their Numi app.
How does Turbo 13 Differ from Lean 13?
The new launch of Turbo 13 comes at a little bit of a surprise given that Lean 13 launched last December. At the surface, they two programs appear strikingly similar. Lean 13 and Turbo 13 both claim to help customers lose up to 13 pounds and 7 inches in the first month and provide the same Core/Uniquely Yours plans as before. So what is the difference?
With Turbo 13, Nutrisystem offers more to the consumer for the same price! Now the program features 7 free NutriCurb bars allowing its customers to curb their hunger while maintaining calorie control. They also added in all new TurboBoosters for free to help boost metabolism.
In summary, Turbo 13 now adds in Free NutriCurb bars, free TurboBoosters, & free Shakes on top of free shipping when enrolled in autodelivery. Wait… it gets better. Nutrisystem also offers a Money Back Guarantee within the first 14 days (valid for first time customers only).
Nutrisystem vs. Jenny Craig?
Of course the natural question of which weight Loss Company is best gets asked a lot. The most popular one we get is “which is better, Nutrisystem or Jenny Craig?”
The answer really comes down to what your goals are. Every year, millions of people make New Year Resolutions to lose weight which nearly all weight loss companies due (obviously). So when comparing the two, both companies claim that in their study, the average weight loss was 11.6lbs. However, when you take a look at the success stories, Nutrisystem surpasses all of its competition. So we decided to look into their customer’s stories to see if we saw any major differences.
Final Verdict? Nutrisystem boasts huge results with their customer stories and appears to blow past Jenny Craig. If your goal is to lose weight, Nutrisystem earns the top honor.
What types of Food exist on Nutrisystem’s Turbo 13?
Nutrisystem provides its customers with up to 7 meals a day including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Dinners include meals such as chicken parm, spaghetti, chick and bacon ranch pizza, and even meatloaf; their lunch meals include hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches, and southwest fiesta melts; breakfast meals include buttermilk waffles, cinnamon rolls, and turkey sausage and egg muffins; snacks include chocolate brownie sundaes, chocolate cupcakes, and ice cream sandwiches.
So as you can see, you are still able to get a variety of meals while conquering your weight loss goals. And, as noted above, Nutrisystem includes the NutriCurb Bars, TurboBoosters, and Turbo Shakes on top of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks!
If you want to know more about individual menu items, check out our review of Nutrisystems food. If there’s a menu item you want to know about we don’t cover, let us know!
What’s in Nutrisystem
- Nutrisystem prides themselves on their nutrition experts and dietitians who designed each plan themselves. Here are some of their keys to helping you lose weight:
- Low Glycemic Carbs – which helps stabilize blood sugar
- Protein – healthy and lean protein to fuel the body
- Fiber – the Turbo 13 program is high in fiber to help keep you feeling full
- Exclude unwanted ingredients
- No artificial sweetener or flavors
- No use of MSG
- No use of high fructose corn syrup
- No use of hydrogenated oils frequently associated with trans fat
- Perfect mix of nutrients to fuel the body in a healthy way
What are the different plans?
If you go to Nutrisystem’s site and shop plans, you’ll see 3 plans: Basic, Core, and Uniquely Yours. We wouldn’t recommend basic as you don’t get to choose your foods and get Nutrisystem’s picks. Although this is a quick method, we would recommend ordering the Core or Uniquely Yours plan. These allow you to customize your meals or have Nutrisystem send you their most popular selections. Women receive 4 meals a day plus Turbo shakes, TurboBoosters, and NutriCurb Bars. Men receive 5 meals a day plus Turbo shakes, TurboBoosters, and NutriCurb Bars.
We would recommend the core plan for all new customers as you are still able to get the best of Nutrisystem at a cheaper price. The best part about Nutrisystem is they provide a money back guarantee. So if you don’t love the program initially, you can send it back within the first 14 days. Even better, we can give our readers 40% off by using our link here.
Where to buy?
Customers can buy Nutrisystem in a variety of different places. You can shop on ebay, go to Walmart, order on amazon, or go directly to Nutrisystem’s site. Ebay, Walmart, and amazon allow you to get small kits but we feel that ordering those means you have one foot in and one foot out. Nearly 75% of New Years’ resolutions for weight loss ends by January 28th. By buying the small 5 day kits, you are allowing yourself an easy out. We would recommend going directly to the site and purchasing the full plan so you can stick to your weight loss and exceed your goal while receiving our discount code.
Pros & Cons
Nowadays, everyone searches for reviews before buying anything online which is why we thought it would be helpful to list the Pros and Cons
- Nutrisystem delivers the food to your door monthly meaning you don’t even have to leave the house. With auto-delivery, Nutrisystem makes sure to send the Turbo 13 program before the previous plan runs out.
- Ease of Use
- Nutrisystem does the work for you by sending each meal directly to your door so you don’t have to think at all. They recommend the numbers of times you should eat and even allow for up to 7 meals a day with multiple snacks
- Calories already counted
- Weight loss is directly correlated to calorie intake. Nutrisystem’s Turbo 13 does the counting for you which means you don’t have to worry about that at all
- Nutrisystem’s Turbo 13 (Core and Unique Your plans) allows you to customize your monthly meals. With over 150+ different menu options, customizing the program is extremely important and valuable
- The first thing many notice is the upfront cost of Nutrisystem. If you go directly to site, the most popular program costs over $300 which is a steep cost. However, with our discount included, the price turns out to be $9.29 a meal which is cheaper than monthly food bills when factoring in dining out
- Long-term weight loss
- Nutrisystem is designed to help you lose weight – and it will. However, when people get off the program, most fail to continue to monitor their calorie intake so they gain back the weight.
- Freshness of Food
- Nutrisystem ships their food monthly which means more preservatives. If you need your food to be fresh, then make sure to incorporate grocery items into your Nutrisystem plans
- Individual Plans
- The Turbo 13 program is designed for individuals and is not meant for the whole family so it only feeds one
What are the Cons?
If your goal is to lose weight, then Nutrisystem will help you achieve your weight loss goals (the main benefit of using Nutrisystem). Nutrisystem also helps you learn to control your portions which is key in keeping unwanted weight off. Another key benefit of the Turbo 13 program is that you get to customize when you choose the Core Plan or Uniquely Yours Plan. Since Nutrisystem is low in sodium and trans-fat but high in protein, fiber, and carbs, it helps prevent fatigueless while also reducing your appetite.
Benefits of Nutrisystem
Now obviously most of this review is about Nutrisystem and if it works or not. As with most programs, there are some cons. In doing the program myself and reading reviews, the biggest con you’ll have to conquer is the taste of some of the food. Most of the meals were delicious in my opinion, but there were some that weren’t very “flavorful.” However, for me, my goal was strictly to lose weight so the taste wasn’t a huge determining factor (unless it was completely un-editable).
The other con I saw in my research was the price. Now with our discount, the program costs about $272/month for the core plan. That means that the price of your food comes to roughly $9.71/day for 4 meals, snacks, turboboosters, shakes, and bars. In my opinion, that is actually cheap compared to what I spend when cooking and eating out all month.
Is Nutrisystem Easy to Follow
This is a question our team gets asked a lot and for the right reason. When spending several hundred dollars to lose weight, people want to make sure the program is going to work and that it is easy to follow. This is Nutrisystem’s entire business model – making the process of losing weight as simple and easy as possible. Turbo 13 ships perfectly portioned meals directly to your doorstep every month and allow you to eat up to 6 times a day. They make sure to outline what you should eat for each meal and even add in recommendations for groceries.
How Does Nutrisystem Work:
Nutrisystem’s Turbo 13 program is designed to help you lose weight by controlling your portions with each meal. It doesn’t require you to count, measure, or even weigh in. By limiting portions and calorie intake with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, Nutrisystem successfully helps you lose weight.
Nutrisystem’s Core and Unique Yours Plans give you access to unlimited support. This means access to their mobile app (Numi), counselors, dietitians, and all their tools/trackers. Losing weight is never easy to do and Nutrisystem makes sure you aren’t in the process alone
Does Nutrisystem Really work?
In conclusion, yes Nutrisystem really does work. They have been in business since 1972 and solely focused on weight loss the whole time. With 46 years of experience and customer service, they definitely know how to help their customers lose weight. They’ve listened to their current customers over the years and allowed them to customize their own meals, offered a money back guarantee, and even offer their customers their very own weight loss counselors that you can call for help/guidance.